Friday, March 18, 2005

Rojektit

List of bands and projects I'm working at the moment:

Improvisages. Definately one of my main projects. It is a band and pretty much more. Jori and I are the core. Ari Liimatainen is the our visual artist. Actually right now he is one third of the whole.
Jatkoyhteys is closely related to Improvisages. It is a jazz-fusion quartet - add a drummer (Jaakko Liimatainen) and a bass player (Pete Mutikainen) and that's it .

Perakamari is my second main band. It's definately as important as the fore mentioned Improvisages. At the moment it's a duo. But the quartet format is at the making... Right now Perakamari is working at a poetry and music project. That'll come out in May. (And I'm working at an other poetry project, which'll come out in July...)

Hoikkaset is the third. It has played Finish, Swedish and Russian folk music. It has played quite many local compositions. In fact that was one of the main points for me to be a part of the Ensemble. Very much we've played the music of violinist Eero Lahti, of accordionist Reijo Korhonen and my compositions. Right now the band seems to be concentrating on tangos.

And then there is the project to record the music of Jouko Takala. Eeva-Liisa Hovisaari is going to sing the songs. We've worked together on and off for almost ten years. The music is mostly songs, beautiful songs.

Already there should be going on a project to record songs from the era of the Second World War...

Well, then there is a funk-project of which I know very little at the moment. In a few days I'll get more knowlegeable about it.

My own project Colours is right now approximately half an hour long. Sini has been singing the songs and I've done the rest...

Juha H.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home