Sunday, July 24, 2005

Musiikkia, musiikkia

Yesterday thunder and lightning. Could not mix anything.

Today I did mix JoukoTakala's song Sunnuntaiaamu (=Sunday morning). It turned out ok.

During this summer I've written surprisingly little music of my own. June, July only some twenty compositions in lead-sheet format - melody and chords, maybe an other melody line with rudimentary structure plan for the final music. I've had so many other projects and sometimes music doesn't come out of somewhere so easily and in great quantities. For me to write less music doesn't mean any better quality. Compositions just come to existence less frequently.

Today I've recorded a couple of tracks - acoustic guitar and bass - to an old composition of mine. Minne. It's probably from the year 1996. Hope Sini is going to sing it some day next week. 'Minne' is a word with double meaning - in two languages. 'Minne' (Finish) = where and 'minne' (Swedish) = remembrance. A sad story of maybe a dead lover...

Juha H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home