Friday, August 11, 2006

Accordion rulez!

Maybe someone noticed I havent wrote a post for a while. I´ve been very lazy. Its been very hot and dry in Finland this summer. Between gigs and k-deejaying mostly i´ve played my russian accordion. Its possible to buy such a accordion for a very low prize in Finland because Russia is not so far away from here. I get it for free from my friend last year! It´s of course a piano accordion. I couldn´t play another type of accordion (maybe two-rowed I could). I´ve been amazed how fine I can pick the left hand buttons with a little practise. I´ve played every kind of music. I love to play finnish walzes from past 50 years. I have also started to play jazz and blues with the instrument. Last week I practised to play Hancock´s Watermelon man, Desmond´s Take five, Oliver Nelson´s Stolen Moments and plenty of other tunes with right left hand (bass) voicing in the left hand. It would be nice to play accordion with a band or Juha who have just arrived from Berlin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home