Friday, October 13, 2006

Tavallista

Now it's enough - for today I've worked enough, some twelve hours. That's not too much yet and you can safely say that something has quite likely been done within so many hours. In the beginning I wrote a composition. That's how it starts ordinarily. Then I recorded most percussions, keyboards and some wx5s according to the written and pre-meditated plan. Epaonnen soturin onnen paiva (= Unlucky Soldier's Lucky Day) began taking its form and shape. Hopefully tomorrow I can record the rest of my thougths that I imagined today... And some things may chance. That's the way it goes - some chances come and occur. That's inevitable. When you write and imagine something very fast it really is possible that when you consider the whole for a longer period of time you may get some better ideas... And of course there is going to be some improvisations. That's the essence of life, of being alive - for to improvise it is to live!

Improvisation is for me the way life is, the way life is all about - the essence and the most interesting part of it... Very much of what happens every day and through the years can be in some extend planned and quessed in advance. But every day there are some major or minor things that reform the pre-meditated plan of your life. It can be good - it can be bad...

Juha H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home