Thursday, August 02, 2007

Maija P ja Mike Stern

Maija P. visited. She recited a book of poetry and I recorded her doing it plus composed seven little melodies for flute to go with the poems... Now the whole is ready - poems, music, cover pics, linear notes and label on the CD. I sent Maija a txt.message and she visited again to get her First Copy. Then, about an hour ago, I could give her the Final Product. Nice! The whole turned out beautifully.

Now I'm listening and watching Mike Stern's DVD New Morning the Paris Concert. Wonderful music. I've liked Stern ever since he played with Miles Davis. And that was more than 25 years ago. The other musicians on the DVD are very delightful, too - Dennis Chambers, Bob Franceshini, Dave Weckl, Bob Berg and - especially - Richard Bona, an absolute jewel of a bass player. And he sings so beautifully, too. Bona is a multi-instrumentalist, not merely a bass player.

Juha H.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home