Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Luikertelua

While in the forest today I had a close encounter... Sini and I were picking mountain cranberries. All was peaceful and nice. There were lots of berries. All of a sudden a viper was slithering just two or three centimeters from my fingers. Luckily it just slithed away. Viper is the only venomenous snake in Finland and fortunately its bite is not life-threatening. But poison in your blood could be very painful. - I've always tried to be careful while picking up berries. From now on I'll probably be even more careful. But forests and berries are so nice. And snakes are definately horrified of people. Humans are so much bigger. Slithering reptiles definately want to try to escape. They merely bite when they can't see no way out...

And when we game back home from the depths of the forest - with a bit less than 20 litres of mountain cranberries - I wrote a composition based on a poem written by Katri Vala. A really sad and lonely story of a snake and dying. Minor Blues, sort of.

Machine Men are in Nurnberg, Germany.

Juha H.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home