Friday, March 07, 2008

Joni Mitchell, Poco ja muuta

It's been quite a nice evening. - Earlier today I listened to Joni Mitchell's Don Juan's Recless Daughter LP. And after that it was time for Poco and their Deliverin' LP... Well and well - why Joni Mitchell? During so many years she's done some fine music and earlier today I heard an excerpt... And the next question may be - why Don Juan's Recless Daughter... ? This is easy. Jaco Pastorius played bass on the forementioned LP. He was/is one of the greatest... And this was one of the reasons why my son J-V got his first name... But why Poco? This is more mysterious... Somehow my hand just picked up the band's LP... Deliverin' was reliesed in 1970. And if compeared to their time - Poco was a very talented band... Even today it may be a bit hard to find better groups...

Earlier this evening I recorded bass guitar and some tracks of woodwinds for one more song - Majani (=My hut) is almost done . Basically it's a poem written by Katri Vala - I've just written it into music... Now only Sini's singing and J-V's guitar are missing. And of course the mixing of the whole...

Juha H.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home