Friday, February 20, 2009

Kuuntelua - Rush ja Keith Jarrett

Right now I'm watching and listening to Rush and their latest DVD "Rush Snakes and Arrows LIVE". At the moment the band playes Free Will - and ultimately that's my ideological choice, too. - When I was young, well during the early 1980-ies, I thought that Rush's music is/was not complicated enough for my mind and liking. Oh, how wrong I really was... Years have gone and now I have to admit - I was so wrong. They've been and especially still are one of the most talented bands within the rock'n'roll business. Well, that's not all true - Rush is a mighty band even if compared to great orchestras that play traditional Classical music... Or within any cathegorization...

Earlier today Sini and I listened to Keith Jarrett's CD Facing you. It's still wonderful music, so much wonderful. Well, when I was young Jarret's music was some of the things I liked so much. And I still do. When I put the the CD into our bedroom's CD-player Sini immediately asked:" Is this Jarrett?" (In Finnish, of course.) And I'm pretty shure she's not heard this particular CD/LP ever since 1970/1980-ies...

Juha H.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home