Friday, May 06, 2005

Miksaamisesta

Worked for 4 - 5 hours selecting the tracks for the next Improvisages CD-project. I had to be rude - had to leave out so much. And now there is 85 minutes of half-ready material waiting. Some of it was just doing the fade in/fade out on the track. In some cases I worked a bit more, for example took 3 - 4 minutes out of the middle section and crossfaded the rest together. I added only one instrument - a tenor recorder - to one piece of music. Almost all the rest is live playing. And what makes the music difficult to fix - to get rid of any troblesome spots - the original recordings are mostly stereo-tracks. It means nothing can be fixed properly. But then on the other hand - everythign is quite real. Why only stereo-tracks? While we during the winter rehearsed I recorded quite a lot of the music we played. I connected a laptop to the mixer's outs - just to hear what the music sounded. Now I try to fix what I can.

The length of the music, the amount of the material is way too much. I have to cut it down even more...

Juha H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home