Friday, May 27, 2005

The passenger in Karelia

Hard trip is over and now when Im sitting in the front of my PC should I study education now ...but I have so many things going in my mind. Huh!
Karelia, the place where we had a museological tour, is some kind of mythical thing for me . Thou I have never been there because its now "autonomical" part of Russia. I expected much from the trip. But two big Lakes in Europe (the other one is the biggest in Europa, Lagoda) and tight program required impossible. We visted Kizi and old Valamo and they were the most mytchical places for me (witch was nice!). But they were great places with mass of tourism.
We visited some completely new places in Ogoda (Aunus) witch the book Kalevala is sometimes thought connected. Old decayed cottages with little sense of pogosta and more sense of karelianism theater inside.
The music I have made is composed or played mostly in karelian manner, like I were playing kantele not piano. Piano is often kantele for me. I like long sounds with rich timbre and sense of minor in major with nice percussive diatonic plucking.
I´m planning a improvisages show about karelianism, so I took much photos and videos to video deejaying them while playing live.
Buy the way I think Karelia should be deallocated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home