Monday, June 06, 2005

Kukkiva maa

The real name of the next poetry and music-project is Kukkiva maa ( in English Blossoming Fields or at least that's the way I like to translate it). Poems are almost all the same as before - Edith Sodergran and Katri Vala. Great writers who might have been wonderous heroineses in English speaking world if they had written their lyrics in English. But unfortunately - or luckily? - they wrote in Swedish and in Finnish. Both languages are quite understandable here in Finland. Well, for some at least. - I worked the music pretty ready for the next performance. At least so I believe right now at the moment. Improvisation is going to be a more prominent part of the whole...

Mixed the song Ulkona tuulee (The Wind Outside). I like it quite much, the composition and the lyrics. Maybe it is the best yet of Jouko Takala's compositions I've worked for to this day. We've been doing music together for almost ten years. This time, this song may be some kind of personal liking of me of this particular piece of music. But anyways it's quite a good composition

Juha H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home