Monday, September 19, 2005

Vanhan naisen laulua

Eero Lahti of the Ensemble Hoikkaset came and recorded violin to Jouko Takala's song Vanhan naisen laulu (= Song of an old woman). He brought his banjo with. But after hearing the song he didn't want to ruin its beauty with his banjo playing. So he left the instrument for me to strum... And of course I recorded the track with it - backbeat strumming. I've never played banjo before. (Well, almost never. When I was young I tried one for a couple of minutes. But then it didn't appeal to me in any way...) I was surprised how loud and fluid it was to play. And I could play it right away, even legato lines. Though that is not surprising in any way because Eero's instrument is guitar-banjo.

Now Vanhan naisen laulu is pretty much mixed, too.

Today Machine Men in Munich, Germany.

Juha H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home