Thursday, October 13, 2005

Miksaamista ja filosofiaa

Mixed my song Kaunis Typertyma (= Beautifully Stupifying). Now I have fourteen compositions of mine recorded, mixed and ready to be mastered. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow. I write mostly instrumental music, but this time half of the collection of my compositions have got words - sung or spoken.

To write something - poetry or stories - with any depth and meaning you have to have something to say. But to have met an impasse with words - like I had so long ago - and the realization that you cannot grasp - write down - all that is for real or at least you cannot express very accurately those things and experiences that interested me in those days long ago... Words can only get closer and closer the reality but they can never reach, express, be it totally. Words are at best an approximation of the real thing. Poems can get close... For me Music is the closest thing to try to reach that something beyond verbal expressions and written acrobatics. This seems to be one thing that I've found on this quite likely One Way Trip To Oblivion - or to Where?

But never mind. I can try to write Lame Poetry. Maybe later I'll get interested in Philosophy again.

Juha H.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This iPod does video
Apple bloggers hot for iMac, not for iPod If early reactions from the blog community are any indication, Apple fans won't be in a big hurry to buy the company's new releases.
Hi you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far for Apply for loans online related. Keep up the good job! I found a similar Apply for loans online related website yesterday, check it out. Looks like the
Apply for loans online related site does not have a blog yet, so check them out at their company site.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home