Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Good morning !

It´s 5:45 am and I´m awake. Now I have time to write something here. Yesterday night I drank some wine, so maybe its fault for my early appearance here. Yes, we planned improvisages upcoming gigs last sunday at Juha´s studio in Suolahti. He hade made intresting variations of ambience and rythm to jam with and we tried to use them with ableton live 5. I have had this idea of using ableton live in real time as an ambience machine. But maybe we should have one more controller to use that. It would be also intresting to use real time audio via ableton. My musical career start with electronic instruments I had when I was 10 years old. First I had italian Orla. It was an awful instrumet. But with that I learned to play pedals with my feet. After two years I had Yamahas organs C and D models (Thanks dad!!). I bougth also generator hammond when I was 21. It had the best sound cause of mechanical leslie inside of it. I bought also Juno-6, but I changed it and couple of other audio instruments to cottage in Karttula with my first wife in 1984. Now after 20 years more age I have Yamaha PSR-2000, Ensoniq-ASR-88 (I would like to change it to the rack-version, hey anybody !), and my last money went to Nord Stage !! I have had also Ensoniq VFX and Emu emax II with HD. I miss those I´ve changed. One of my musical friend advised me not to give up any electronic instruments. And what I did ! What happened to Hammond ? It´s another peculiar story. A long one. Maybe I tell it next time I write blog if somebody wants to know the story of my ole´ hammond. What I want to say here in improvis blog is that electronic instruments are very important to my musical thinking at basic productivity level. Computer software , softsynths and things like that witch I had plenty of, is kind of dream come true for me. But from where I get time for playing with them ? And this improvis here is more social than technical, however?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home